Monday, November 30, 2015

Holiday Hell!

The holidays are stressful enough, add in a little Combat Stress and you have a ticking time bomb.. ME!

This year is worse as I lost both of my grandparents the past year. My Grandpa (Pa) was a huge part of my life and it hit me a lot harder than I expected. Thanksgiving is a lot of work with cooking cleaning, entertaining, more cooking and cleaning and then final cleanup and food storing. It's a mess to say the least.. So after all that stressing then stressing over Christmas (which is my favorite time of year) thinking about my Pa and my issues with PTSD and I have a bad day or two. I tend to shut down and decompress for a day.

I look at myself as a machine, less well oiled more well greased machine. After so much use that machine has to be shut down and restarted. After so much stress I shut down, it's not bad just a little time I need to fix my run down machine.

With all that said I do love this time of year. Like a love hate kinda thing.. I love watching the girls celebrate "rip through paper as "we plunged into the cornucopia, quivering with desire and ecstasy of unbridled avarice." See what I did there, Ralphie?? I love the weather, putting up all the decorations and all the food, what fat kid doesn't! But at the same time I overwhelming thought of bills, money, is everyone happy, did I get this done, cleaning up, taking down all the decorations. However, it's one time of year and it is something special. Our hearts feel warmer, we're (supposed to be) more giving and it's a chance to warm each others hearts with love and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment